Pulldata not functioning in web form

Jump to solution
01-21-2020 08:21 AM
RalphBeishline
New Contributor III

Looking for any additional insight as to why the pulldata function appears to work properly within Connect, but seems to fail to pull data when viewed in browser. I don't appear to have functions within the pulldata which seems to have been a cause of many other similar questions, so I'm at a lost currently.

Appreciate any help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Ralph,

I’ve been having a look at your XLSForm. I am seeing your Hospital Count updating based on your SCA selection (pulldata is working here) but not within the repeat, ie Name, Address, Model or Shift. The issue you describe actually appears to be due to the count() function not working inside the repeat in the webform.

If count() is inside a repeat then it always reset to 1 no matter how many repeats are added. If count() is outside of repeat then it can count the number of repeats, but unfortunately this is not useful in your example since you're using it to concatenate to build your pulldata expression.

I encourage you to submit this issue as a bug via Esri Support. The Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Brett

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Ralph,

I’ve been having a look at your XLSForm. I am seeing your Hospital Count updating based on your SCA selection (pulldata is working here) but not within the repeat, ie Name, Address, Model or Shift. The issue you describe actually appears to be due to the count() function not working inside the repeat in the webform.

If count() is inside a repeat then it always reset to 1 no matter how many repeats are added. If count() is outside of repeat then it can count the number of repeats, but unfortunately this is not useful in your example since you're using it to concatenate to build your pulldata expression.

I encourage you to submit this issue as a bug via Esri Support. The Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Brett

RalphBeishline
New Contributor III

Thank you for investigating, Brett!

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RalphBeishline ,

Just FYI, we confirmed that the issue "count() or sum() inside a repeat does not work as expected in the web app" cannot be fixed at this time.

Please consider using one of the following workarounds to help your workflow:

• Move sum() or count() outside a repeat
  • Add a sum() or count() outside the repeat as usual, then reference its value as calculation inside the repeat

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos