Pulldata from hosted CSV

10-08-2021 08:01 AM
BenBlowers2
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am trying to use pulldata to pull data from a linked CSV. I have managed to populate a select_one list dynamically with the linked CSV, but now I want to populate another answer based on values in the linked CSV.

This is the pulldata formula I have tried:

pulldata('https://services9.arcgis.com/HmEFp6x93FBcyUml/arcgis/rest/services/Jobs_Simplified/FeatureServer/0',...})

I don't get any errors, but it just doesn't work. Does anyone know why?

Thanks all,

Ben

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Maybe try using search() instead?
Dynamic Choice Lists using Search Appearance - Esri Community

What kind of question are you trying to populate? Depending on what you're trying to do, it might be easier to to set up a cascading select.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your survey?

0 Kudos
BenBlowers2
New Contributor III

Hi Alfred

It is just a "text" question I am trying to populate. Sure, please see attached screenshots.

BenBlowers2_0-1633936707674.png

BenBlowers2_1-1633936744792.png

BenBlowers2_2-1633936824812.png

Basically, I am using the search appearance to pull through the job names from a linked CSV, but then I want to use the pulldata CSV to pull through the corresponding job number, which is also stored in the CSV.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Something else I noticed that might be causing issues is that your CSV doesn't have a  set of "name" and "label" columns.  I think pulldata() requires both to work, while search() appears to only care about the columns you specify.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is not really linked content you are reading the service.  This means needing to be online.

I would change to use linked content.  Then you just reference them like any other CSV (just like from the media folder) but the CSV is central on AGOL and gets updates.  It is hosted but downloads to the tablet.  What you have goes to the internet every time.

Hope that makes sense.  Check out https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/can-a-linked-csv-file-on-agol-be-automatica...

0 Kudos