Publishing Survey Hangs- Folder changed but can't update folder id

Jump to solution
02-07-2023 09:49 AM
LouiseHahn_GIS
New Contributor II

I have a form built using Survey123 Connect.  I need to update a choice list, but publishing hangs every time I try.  Unfortunately, I did change the folder for the items.  But every time I try to update the folder id in the .itemInfo and republish, the folder id reverts to the original.

I found another post that suggests I should download the survey again in connect, but the situation is different since I am still the owner and I already have the files on my computer.  Downloading again would overwrite the existing files on my computer, and I don't know what all that implies.  Could the submitted data be affected? I just do not want to lose existing records.

I also need to be able to update the choice items now and in the future, so how can this situation be resolved?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

First make a backup right away.  In AGOL simply go to the service and export as a GDB.

Then to change the folder id.

Make a backup copy of the .iteminfo file

Make sure 123 connect is completely closed (my guess is you have it open when changing).

Edit the iteminfo file folder id field and save

Open connect and the form then publish.

That should do it.  I was able to move a bunch to a new system.

Make sure the name of the folder and layers are exactly the same.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

First make a backup right away.  In AGOL simply go to the service and export as a GDB.

Then to change the folder id.

Make a backup copy of the .iteminfo file

Make sure 123 connect is completely closed (my guess is you have it open when changing).

Edit the iteminfo file folder id field and save

Open connect and the form then publish.

That should do it.  I was able to move a bunch to a new system.

Make sure the name of the folder and layers are exactly the same.

Hope that helps

LouiseHahn_GIS
New Contributor II

That was it!!  I had Connect open.

Thank you so much for writing these detailed directions- I am sure they will help somebody else in a time of stress.

It feels awesome to have fixed this!