Publishing Survey hangs when updating choice list

Jump to solution
07-05-2018 12:16 AM
Schalkvan_Lill1
Esri Contributor

Hi all. I have a survey built using a feature layer. I published this a while ago and everything is working. I have a choice list populated with some staff names. I added a name to this list and tried to publish it again. Everything goes well, until it hangs at the "Updating survey from package" bit. Have anyone experienced similar?

I'm using Survey123 Connect v 2.8.4

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Schalk,

In the log is a line:

<10>1 2018-07-06T08:17:04Z dub-lt-03129 Survey123ConnectforArcGIS 19604 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="onFailed" filename="PortalRequest.qml" line="79"] qml: PortalRequest failed: url https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/users/XXXXXXXX/da6658a7bf5b46d0beabf5fd4aa71d91/items/29... error {
"code": 400,
"details": [],
"message": "Item does not exist in this folder.",
"messageCode": "CONT_0005"
}

Has the survey been moved from the original folder? If so, you'll need to update the .iteminfo file with the new folder id.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JasonTrussell
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue, just updated to the latest Survey Connect  2.8.4 and that did not help.  I updated my Employees names in the choices and I am getting this error.  I did not change anything within the survey.  It has never done this, i update the choices often. Let me know if you figure anything out.  

Thanks 

jason

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jason,

Your error is a bit different than Schalk's.  This is being caused by one of the choices you added having a choice whose name is longer than the maximum length allowed (when this was published by an earlier version of Survey123 Connect, the field was set based on your choices at the time).  Take a look at your choices for that question and make any choices longer than 17 characters shorter.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Schalk,

It looks like there might be an issue with the form item upload.  Can you attempt again while logging? (click the gear icon on the main screen, select 'Diagnostics' and turn on logging).

0 Kudos
Schalkvan_Lill1
Esri Contributor

Hi James

Thanks very much for the reply. I attach the log file.

I don’t see anything popping out at me in the log. Can you?

Regards

Schalk van Lill

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Schalk,

In the log is a line:

<10>1 2018-07-06T08:17:04Z dub-lt-03129 Survey123ConnectforArcGIS 19604 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="onFailed" filename="PortalRequest.qml" line="79"] qml: PortalRequest failed: url https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/users/XXXXXXXX/da6658a7bf5b46d0beabf5fd4aa71d91/items/29... error {
"code": 400,
"details": [],
"message": "Item does not exist in this folder.",
"messageCode": "CONT_0005"
}

Has the survey been moved from the original folder? If so, you'll need to update the .iteminfo file with the new folder id.

Schalkvan_Lill1
Esri Contributor

Completely missed that. Yes, the survey form was moved. Thanks James.

0 Kudos