Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing from 123 Connect creates hosted table, not feature layer

2 weeks ago
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Hello:

I created a copy of an existing (working!) survey in 123 Connect and made some modifications requested by users.  I published to my AGOL account with no errors, but I only have a hosted table with the survey name, not a feature layer.  I do have a geopoint question set to null in the survey.

I was able to download the survey to a device and create a record, but when trying to send/upload...the app hangs on "Getting Service Information" and does not upload the record.

Seems like I need a feature layer as in all my previous surveys to make this new survey work.  I am not sure why I got "hosted table" when I published this time.  My changes were small, moving one field, adding a photo field, and adding a couple items to choices list.

Any help on why this is happening or if I need to do something to convert to a feature layer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vicki

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I have noticed getting some Survey123 forms publishing with a table instead of a feature layer as well, I'm curious what makes the decision between creating a table or feature layer, if anyone has any insight I would love to hear it!

The one's I have had do this do not have a geopoint so I assumed it was that. Is your geopoint calculated to null or set to a null bind::esri:fieldType? And was it null in the survey that you copied as well/how old was that initial survey?

I also have not had any issues submitting to the surveys that are stored as a table, double check your permissions on the new survey for who's allowed to submit/edit it maybe? Or are you using the same account that published it to try and submit?

0 Kudos
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks for your reply!  

This survey was copied from an old working one, slight changes made then published...making the hosted table.

I do have a geopoint question (I think I had to have one?), but set to null bind::esri:fieldType, the same as the old survey.  But the actual survey doesn't collect a location question.  The points we are surveying are all known and mapped already.

I checked permissions, thought right now I am the owner and only member of the test group.  

So not sure what is happening, I tried to send again from the app, but get the same churning on "Getting Service Information", nothing gets sent.

So I'll keep playing around and report back if I figure something out.  

Thanks again

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Odd. I always get all three layers, irrespective of survey contents. (Enterprise)

For example, this only has one question:

abureaux_0-1718295200222.png

If I ever saw anything less than this I'd consider it a mis-publish, and delete and try again.

EDIT. Out of curiosity, have you ever changed this setting? I honestly forget it's there since I always leave it turned on...

abureaux_1-1718295348383.png

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I always get 3 items as well, the map, the form and then a feature layer or a table. Then when I've enabled editing and gotten the _results view, it's a table as well (although I did just see one survey I have where the main level is a table and the _results is a layer... which makes even less sense)

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I guess the one thing I see that is super annoying is that some surveys, when they republish, create duplicate Feature Layers. So I've definitely gotten more than three items before, but never less. (Your post reminded me I have one of these I need to go clean up!)

VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Hi all:

Thanks for the info and suggestions, I tried/checked the items you all thought of, no luck so far.  I did have the "create web form" checked.  Tried a republish, no luck.  Removed the geopoint question, save, republish, no luck.  Not sure what happened here.  The original version was working fine a couple months ago.

I'm going just tell the users, hey, no more changes ever! 😉  

I'll report back if I figure something out.

Thanks again all!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't believe that has been asked yet, but what version of Connect are you running? Current version is 3.19.116

(Note that the MS Store version of Connect auto-updates)

0 Kudos
VickiG
by
New Contributor III

Hello, just double checked, I do have the the most recent version.

I think I updated not too long before I started to create/copy the new survey.

Still trying to figure this out...any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

Vicki

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible to attach your XLSX? I am curious if I'd have the same issue when publishing.

0 Kudos