Publishing Error... code: 499

05-01-2021 07:50 AM
DanBihari
New Contributor III

I'm trying to publish a survey that was created from an existing feature service.  I keep getting an error stating Error transferring Gateway Time-out code: 499.

DanBihari_0-1619879962827.png

I'm not sure what I have done wrong for this to not work.  I tried publishing other "test" surveys and they all published successfully.

This survey is going to be writing to an existing feature service as well as related tables.  Perhaps there's an issue with how I setup those tables.

DanBihari_0-1620049449052.png

The image below illustrates how I setup my feature service and related table connections.

DanBihari_1-1619880350788.png

If it helps at all, I just upgraded to 3.12.232

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your help.

~Dan

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There should only be 1 submission URL.  At least I have never seen it done any other way.  Then the names of the repeats and the tables in the service should match up.  That is how it all connects.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
S4lomonEinstein
New Contributor

I have the same trouble after to upgraded to 3.12.232 and I have only 1 submission URL.

0 Kudos
DanBihari
New Contributor III

I'm not entirely sure that I am doing the submission URLs properly.  I originally had just the one submission URL but when I accessed the Inbox, my related records were not showing up at all.  Doing it this way ensured that I saw all my related record data.

As far as the error goes, I believe my issue was that I had some Choice Lists that were ridiculously long.  I believe these long Choice Lists were to much when creating the Web Forms.  Because I want my user to only use the Field App, I turned off the need to create a web form.

DanBihari_0-1621257407080.png

Once I turned of the web form, my survey was able to publish with no more errors.  If you have large Choice lists I would suggest looking at using External Selects.  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformcascadingselects.htm

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are your related records in the same service and have the same table name as whatever you called the repeat?  That is how it all lines up.

0 Kudos
DanBihari
New Contributor III

Yes, all those related tables are in the same Feature Service and all the repeat questions use the same table names.

~Dan

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

And you have query allowUpdates=true in the bind::esri:parameters column of the repeat?  And then enable Inbox is on the form?

Did you just remove the item id for display in your image?  Should look like
https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/34859fe3b9d14879ab815dc7ea4444 

Do the names of your begin repeats match the table names in the service?

Sorry all I know - I never use Inbox so hope that helps.

0 Kudos
DanBihari
New Contributor III

Yes I do.  Here's an example of a couple of my repeats.  They all have them.

DanBihari_0-1621259986981.png

That's correct, I stripped out the service URL.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ok only other idea I got is do you have globalid and parentgloblaid fields that match and have a relationship class between them in the service?

You can also create a copy of the form and publish it on its own and test that.  Then you can also see what the service looks like and if it matches.

0 Kudos