Publish Error

12-13-2020 08:21 PM
raybricedev
New Contributor

Hi, I've created a FGDB in Catalog 10.8.  Added GlobalIDs, then added Guid fields to each table, e.g. Project table has ProjectGuid of type Guid.  I've created 1-to-many relationships between the tables based on the GlobalID -> Guid field of the related table.  Added all the tables to Arcmap, Shared as a service to AGO.  Gave it all the permissions when publishing, e.g. sync, edit, delete, etc.  In Survey123 Connect, create new survey from service I just published.  I made a couple minor changes in the label field, saved the excel XLSForm which updated the Survey then tried to publish and am getting an error: Parent layer id 11 not found for table T12_Construction_Contractor.  I've checked the service and don't see any differences between the fields in the .xls form and the published layer.  Thanks for any help! -Ray

12 Replies
ZacharyO
New Contributor III

@ZacharySutherby , just to be sure I'm understanding correctly:

One cannot write the output of a survey123 form to an existing table related to a an existing feature if there are ANY repeats in the form.  Is that correct?

So this is not possible:

Say I have "Parking Lots" that have a related "inspection" table. 

I cannot write some of the answers to the related "inspection" table AND have a repeat section of specific observations too. 

In essence I envision that what I want is to   write general info about the inspection event (date, inspector, site name). And then have a repeat section that would establish another related survey123 table of specific repeat questions related to the first general inspection event table ?

So "parking lot 1" feature has a related "inspection" table with an inspection on 1NOV and that "inspection" table has "observed defect" table of repeats related to that where on 1NOV a pothole was observed, trash was observed, graffiti was observed as three separate repeat events. 

0 Kudos
cphelan7
New Contributor II

Hello,

I know this thread has gone quiet, but it is the closest discussion I can find to the issue I am having. @ZacharyO , have you gotten an answer to the last question you posted?

I have a dataset of sampling plots where field crews collect data on all the trees that fall within a specific radius of each plot. I am trying to create a survey from our existing data that would allow crews to revisit the plots and cycle through repeats in the survey to update data for all the trees at each plot. I have done all the relates, GlobalIDs, parent guids, etc. I am getting the same error for parent ID not found. Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
ALBJORGUI
New Contributor III

Hi @cphelan7 ,

Did you sort it out in the end??

0 Kudos