Hi, I've created a FGDB in Catalog 10.8. Added GlobalIDs, then added Guid fields to each table, e.g. Project table has ProjectGuid of type Guid. I've created 1-to-many relationships between the tables based on the GlobalID -> Guid field of the related table. Added all the tables to Arcmap, Shared as a service to AGO. Gave it all the permissions when publishing, e.g. sync, edit, delete, etc. In Survey123 Connect, create new survey from service I just published. I made a couple minor changes in the label field, saved the excel XLSForm which updated the Survey then tried to publish and am getting an error: Parent layer id 11 not found for table T12_Construction_Contractor. I've checked the service and don't see any differences between the fields in the .xls form and the published layer. Thanks for any help! -Ray
From the error message it looks like Survey123 is having an issue identifying the parent layer related to the T12_Construction_Contractor table.
Does that table happen to have multiple layers related to it or another tertiary layer or table related to it?
If possible would I be able to obtain a copy of the File Geodatabase with the layers and tables for testing on my end?
If you don't want to share it over Esri Community feel free to email it to my Esri email ZSutherby@esri.com.
I am experiencing the same issue. I have a GDB with multiple feature layers and related tables. I created 2 separate survey forms, each with their own target feature layer. But the two target feature layers are both related to a table that makes up many of the questions on the survey. I was able to publish one of the surveys but the other is showing the same error described above. The fact that one worked and the other did not is very confusing since they are virtually the same survey and share the same basic structure and related table. All of the fields in the survey match the table fields. Please post the solution if one has been found.
For context, I have set all relationships based on Global ID to GUID and have enabled attachments for all features and tables.
I have found a workaround to the issue. I think it has to do with basing 2 surveys on 2 feature services that both share a related table. It seems to confuse AGOL when the surveys are published. I was forced to make a copy of the related table to that each feature service would have its own related table. That solution has worked successfully.
If you navigate to the item details page of the feature service your survey is pointing to. At the bottom of the page there is a URL link, if you click the "view" button it will open the REST endpoint of the feature service in a new tab. On the page that it opens towards the top there will be a Layers section. Does the name of the layer with ID 0 match "table_name".
If not you will need to update the value you have in the form_id column of the settings worksheet in the XLSForm to match the name of the layer from the REST endpoint.
If you're pointing the form_id to the related table you will also need to remove the begin and end repeat rows in the survey sheet. The only questions that should be in the survey sheet should be the questions that are in the table.
Please refer to the first six steps of this Tech Support KB article for the workflow.