Public survey is requesting a sign in, portal 10.8.1

Jump to solution
05-10-2023 03:47 PM
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

I have a simple Public survey created in Survey123 Connect 3.17.55 and published to Portal 10.8.1.

I am testing the use of a geopoint inside of a repeat.  For some reason, even though it's pubic.  I get a sign in screen.  I have attached my xlsx.  If I publish the same survey logic to AGO.  I do not get a sign in request.  

We have published other surveys to our Enterprise Portal and they work fine publicly.  I don't think a geopoint in a repeat has been tested before.

RyanBohan_0-1683758454981.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Sign in requests for Survey123 forms fall into three categories:

1. The form itself is not accessible, prompting sign in before opening the questionnaire 
  2. There is a component within the form prompting sign in after the survey has loaded (web map, layers)
  3. The target feature service is not accessible, causing an issue on submission.

You appear to be encountering issue number 2. The item is identified in the message. de26a3cf4cc9451298ea173c4b324736

This appears to be a basemap layer in your Web Map 'World Street Map, VectorTile_3324'.

You need to share the basemap layer to the public or choose a publicly accessible basemap layer.

You may also have further sign-in in prompts if the Web Map contains other layers that are not publicly accessible. Please ensure your form and all content used in it is shared to the public.

Also ensure the survey target feature service is accessible and secure (e.g. adds only).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Sign in requests for Survey123 forms fall into three categories:

1. The form itself is not accessible, prompting sign in before opening the questionnaire 
  2. There is a component within the form prompting sign in after the survey has loaded (web map, layers)
  3. The target feature service is not accessible, causing an issue on submission.

You appear to be encountering issue number 2. The item is identified in the message. de26a3cf4cc9451298ea173c4b324736

This appears to be a basemap layer in your Web Map 'World Street Map, VectorTile_3324'.

You need to share the basemap layer to the public or choose a publicly accessible basemap layer.

You may also have further sign-in in prompts if the Web Map contains other layers that are not publicly accessible. Please ensure your form and all content used in it is shared to the public.

Also ensure the survey target feature service is accessible and secure (e.g. adds only).

RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you @ChristopherCounsell it was a basemap issue.