Select to view content in your preferred language

Prepopulating a Site Location field using the Site Name

09-07-2022 01:29 PM
robertmozer
Emerging Contributor

I want to use the same lat/long coordinates for my sample locations each time I collect my water samples from a pond, and not those from my mobile device. I have already defined those coordinates and would like them to be populated in my Survey when I choose the sample ID from a pull-down menu.

Is that possible?

How do I do that?

Thanks.

Bob 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Look into using the pulldata function. You can store the coordinates and sample ID's in a CSV and reference them that way.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/use-existing-data-in-your-survey-the-pulldata/ba...

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
robertmozer
Emerging Contributor

Katherine...i checked the link and It looks like a solution to my question, but it refers to the new version of Survey123, i.e.  ver 1.7.  I have built my form using Survey123 , not Survey123Connect.  The response from ESRI does not distinguish between the two when describing the pulldown () function.

Can that function be used without using Survey123Connect?

I'm new at this, so I'm not sure how I access the Sheet where I use the pulldown function.

Thanks.

Bob

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Bob,

I don't think that functionality is supported without using Survey123 Connect. See this post for reference...

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
robertmozer
Emerging Contributor
Thank you.
I understand.

Bob
0 Kudos