Survey123 Designing Form online - can I pulldata from CSV?

Jump to solution
01-27-2022 05:10 PM
LIISMAPRISM
New Contributor

Hi there, apologies if this has been asked, but I'm trying to use the nice online Designer for Survey123 forms but I want to autopopulate one field after another is filled out/selected based on a CSV.  I can get this working in the Desktop app but wanted to continue to use the online Designer.

Is it possible to do this?  If so, where do I put the CSV file in the online app?

Thanks,

Greg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LIISMAPRISM,

Currently the web designer does not support creating a survey or questions in a survey with pulldata() at CSV. There is no way to upload the CSV. However the web app does support pulldata() at CSV if the survey is created from Connect. It is also possible to start a survey in web designer, then download it in Connect and add in additional features. Then use it in the field app or web app.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LIISMAPRISM,

Currently the web designer does not support creating a survey or questions in a survey with pulldata() at CSV. There is no way to upload the CSV. However the web app does support pulldata() at CSV if the survey is created from Connect. It is also possible to start a survey in web designer, then download it in Connect and add in additional features. Then use it in the field app or web app.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
LIISMAPRISM
New Contributor

Understood.  Once I download the Web designer Form into Connect, and add the CSV, and republish, though I can no longer change my Form via the Web designer, correct?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LIISMAPRISM,

That's correct, once you have published from Connect, you can not modify the survey design in web designer (add/remove questions etc) but you can still modify the survey settings, theme and other higher level survey settings.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos