Select to view content in your preferred language

Prepopulate images from media folder in the survey image question based on previous question selection

03-24-2023 05:37 PM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am working on a survey123 form and I am trying to prepopulate the images from my media folder in the image type of question (since I want those images to be easily available in survey123 feature reports) based on another question in the survey.

For example, I have a select_one_from_file question in my survey, and the user picks "56". I have 3 images in my media folder that are named as "56_1.jpeg","56_2.jpeg" and "56_3.jpeg".

I would like those pictures to be pulled into the survey from my media folder into image question with multiple appearance.

Please, let me know if this is possible, I appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Yulia

0 Kudos
8 Replies
YuliaMamonova

Note - I've just tried the annotation appearance and prepopulated the background image, but this is not what I need.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Would suggest setting up:

• Question A: choose a value to filter (56)
  • Question B: Multi-line question with ALL images to pick from (1_1, 1_2, 2_1.... 56_1, 56_2 etc)

Then applying a choice filter so that the question B choices will only be based on the options selected in Question A e.g. if you pick 'America' as country for A, only American cities are shown in B

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-choice-filters/ba-...

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Hello,

Thank you, but I don't need to just pull the names of the images, I need to pull the images.

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
in Media—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, the procedure to add an image is
to copy the images to the survey's media folder and then reference the
image with it's file name (including the .jpg/.png extension) in the
choices sheet's image column.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformmedia.htm
0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Or do you mean to populate an image question with the images?

I don't believe this is possible. 

0 Kudos
StevenDel_Castillo
New Contributor III

Hi Yulia,

I am trying to do something similar. Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
MiguelMartinezYordan
Occasional Contributor II

I'm also trying to do the same thing. There has to be some formula to calculate an image from a selected media and put it as an attachment so that it can be used in the reports created by the map series tool.

PedroDauanny
New Contributor II

Eu resolve criando novas variaveis de texto com as imagens e introduzindo uma condição relevante para aparecer a imagem selecionada, conform a pergunta de seleção. 

PedroDauanny_1-1717527659863.png

PedroDauanny_0-1717527384309.png