Select to view content in your preferred language

Power Automate/Survey123 Connectors

08-29-2024 10:17 AM
RHammers
Occasional Contributor

I have noticed that my connectors are expiring much more rapidly than they used to. In the last 2 weeks I have had to reauthorize 3 times, and I'm not aware until others are letting me know that something isn't working. Is there a way to extend the duration of the login token? And also to notify me when the token has expired?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @RHammers

If you are in ArcGIS Online it is not possible to modify the expiration period for the token. I will note all the functionality of the Survey123 Power Automate connector has been added to the ArcGIS Power Automate connector which does not run into the token timeout issue. For configuring a notification when the token has expired this Microsoft documentation on error handling in Power Automate flows may be helpful. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @ZacharySutherby 

Has there been documentation about the addition of the Survey123 Connector features to the ArcGIS Connector? When did this functionality get added? I knew it was coming but hadn't seen official word yet (to be fair I was on vacation last week haha).

Before I change all my flows, are there any limitations with using Survey123 features in the ArcGIS Connector?

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

My question(s) exactly! More details on this would be welcome. I have been dealing with this token issue for a while and have run out of walls to bang my head against.

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

There is currently a bug where connectors are expiring every hour... massively annoying (makes a lot of processes useless atm). I already submitted a ticket and it is being looked into by their Power Automate team.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Is this the issue you are running into with the ArcGIS Connector? It's definitely taken a lot longer to fix than I would have hoped but at least there's an interim solution.

8/15/24: Update and quick fix for issues with Webh... - Esri Community

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

The issue I am seeing is that for some very specific operations (like changes to Feature Layers). The Esri Enterprise Connector's token is expiring every hour in Power Automate. But just for those specific tasks. Other operations still work as expected.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah that's what I was experiencing, it was sending back a different code that it should accept but wasn't, and then after so many 'fails' it automatically turns off the webhook. @AnthonyLatini just posted an update was published for the bug and it should be fixed now. That said I don't know if it included Enterprise or not.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think it must include Enterprise. My flow has been running for the last couple hours without imploding, which is a good sign. Will keep watching it today, but fingers crossed this bug is fixed.

abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

No such luck... timed out again. This time, was just under 3 hours. Better than every hour I guess

0 Kudos