Populate Survey123 Form via Field Maps (App, not web)

Jump to solution
05-04-2021 03:06 PM
elpinguino
Occasional Contributor III

Hi S123 Community,

I've posted this in the Field Maps boards, but no reply. Wasn't sure if someone here might know how to help me. Sorry in advance for the double up.

What is the best way to pre-populate a Survey123 form link (which would be opened up via a polygon pop-up in Field Maps) in a TABLET? I want to carry over the GUID from the polygon to the Survey123 form to be filled out in a TABLET. I've found you can do this through the form widget in Experience Builder, but the team is out in the field half the time and needs to be able to do this not in a web browser/offline.

15 Replies
MatthewStotts
New Contributor

I am new to Survey123 - where do you type this line? In the in the XLSForm? Which tab? Sorry - I'm a novice and am not quite sure where this would go. 

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=ItemIDSurveyForm&field:FieldNameInSurvey123={FieldNameInFieldMaps}

0 Kudos
LauraBoagey1
New Contributor II

Hi... I've just used this and it's brilliant! Can you populate multiple fields using this method? What would the url schema look like?

0 Kudos
elpinguino

Hi again guys, I got the passing of attributes in Field Maps mobile to Survey123 to work a few weeks ago. I've since published a new (different, not overwrite) feature service, and I'm running in to issues again.

1) I can click on the polygon in Field Maps and it'll open up S123, but then it stops at the S123 home screen and doesn't go into the specific survey I want it to go into. How do I direct it to do that? There are 3 other surveys it could pick from in the feature service. Should I be adding in the sublayers into the URL or should I load each of these feature layers individually, not as a service?

2) I'm getting an unpacking error sometimes when Field Maps opens up S123. I have gone in to the folders/ My Surveys and deleted any existing ones. It seems ok now, but it still doesn't solve issue number 1.

I've taken a screenshot to help explain. 

FRSadmin
New Contributor III

I am not sure if anyone from this thread is actively going to see this,

I am wondering if there is a way to link the geotag data from a survey and use it to both edit and create points on a map layer in Field Maps?

We are trying to use this to keep track of observational cameras for different wildlife surveys.

I checked and the survey in particular does not show up in the web version of Field Maps, but thats ok if I can create from scratch and just add a feature layer?

Ideally I want to input CSV data from an online excel spreadsheet but Esri does not have Power Automate linked to Field Maps in this way..

ChrisBoland
New Contributor II

If I'm reading your post correctly, it sounds like you are trying to carry over a value collected in Survey123 and apply it to points that you are collecting in Field Maps.  Is that right?

If so, I'm trying to do the same thing.  Were you able to figure out how to do it?  

Does anyone have any insight into how to do this?

My use case is:

• We receive a complaint from a citizen and we have an investigator go out.  That investigator uses Survey123 to collect general information about their findings related to the complaint.  
  • If their investigation does find a violation, they click on a link in Survey123 and begin collecting points lines and polygons specific to the violation (e.g. an area of mangroves illegally trimmed).  

How do I pass the complaint investigation ID from Survey123 to each of the features (points lines & polygons) collected in Field maps so that it can be related later, such as being listed in a Survey123 Feature Report?

0 Kudos
elpinguino

@MatthewStotts You'd add this in as a hyperlink in the map pop-up to take the user out of the current app you are in, into another one. For example, I was in Field Maps and wanted to send the user to Survey123 to open up a new form with pre-filled answers.

0 Kudos