Populate field in Survey123 web form from values pulled from a separate hosted table

Jump to solution
12-16-2021 12:56 PM
GISUser74305830
New Contributor III

Using Survey123 Connect 3.12.232

Use case:

1. i have a hosted table in AGO that contains a list of Project IDs - Projects List

2. i have a hosted feature layer in AGO that contains Projects - Projects

3. user creates a new project point in Projects 

4. Rather than type the Project ID, the user selects it from a list that points to the Projects List using an autocomplete combined with a search function per the documentation here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/dynamic-choice-lists-using-search-appearance/ba-...

5. ideally it would carry over the Project ID to the Project ID field and the Project Title to the Project Title field

6. this works in Survey123 Connect but not in the web app

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GISUser74305830,

Your survey is likely version locked to the 3.12 version of the Survey123 website (as that is the version of Connect you published from). The search() appearance wasn't supported in the website until the 3.13 release. Please see our what's new documentation. What you can do is navigate to the settings for that survey in the Survey123 website and switch the Web App Version to "Always use the latest version (3.13), or update Survey123 Connect to 3.13 and republish the form. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GISUser74305830,

Your survey is likely version locked to the 3.12 version of the Survey123 website (as that is the version of Connect you published from). The search() appearance wasn't supported in the website until the 3.13 release. Please see our what's new documentation. What you can do is navigate to the settings for that survey in the Survey123 website and switch the Web App Version to "Always use the latest version (3.13), or update Survey123 Connect to 3.13 and republish the form. 

Thank you,
Zach
GISUser74305830
New Contributor III

You, sir, are a gentleman .... and a scholar.

Thank you!

For item #5 in my list above, do you know a way to bring over the associated Project Title from that external table once the user selects a Project ID?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GISUser74305830

If you are not planning on sharing the form publicly I would suggest using a custom JavaScript function to query the feature service based on the Project ID selected and return the Project Title for the associated record. We have a JavaScript sample in Connect that demonstrates querying a feature service. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos