Polygon with repeat geopoints in an existing service

Jump to solution
09-20-2021 10:05 PM
KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

I am struggling to create a survey with both polygons and related points that targets/edits an existing feature service using Survey123 Connect version 3.13.

I am trying to model a dataset where multiple points features are related to (nested within) polygon sites areas and a polygon should be able to have a 1:M relationship with the points. This is to support field surveys of existing sites that contain features and will eventually be populated with existing data. For now, I'm just trying to test this capability. I was able to create a new survey with a polygon/geoshape and repeat geopoints points and now I'm trying to create an existing feature service to see if it's possible to set this up to edit data in an existing feature service. Using ArcPro, I have successfully created a polygon and point feature class with a 1:M composite relationship and published it as a feature service that supports edits with global ID's (I followed these two resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo9tP9qkm8k and https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/how-to-enable-supportsapplyeditswithglobalids-on...

It's not working. While the test feature services looks correct in AGOL (related data), when I try to build a survey off the related features using Survey123 connect, the related records do not come in the the XLS or form. The survey has only a geopoint and no repeats. I was hoping that I would get a survey with a geoshape question and a repeat containing the geopoints. Does anyone else have experience with this or can anyone advise? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

Hi! Thank you for your good troubleshooting idea. I figured it out and it was a simple fix. When I published the feature service from ArcGIS Pro, I didn't arrange my layers correctly. In order for the parent/child relationship to publish correctly in the HFS, apparently, the layers need to be arranged in ArcGIS Pro so that the polygon (parent) layer is on top of the point (child) layer. After doing this, I was able to create a survey that correctly represented the feature service. That was kind of an unexpected gotcha for me! Thank you!

Thanks. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Kimberly

What I would do is to create the survey the way you want it in Survey123 with your repeats and everything in it. Publish this survey to AGOL then download the Feature Service created for your survey to a FGDB. Pull this FGDB into ArcGIS Pro and have a look how they made it work... That should give you insight into why yours might not be working.

KimberlyMcCallum
New Contributor III

Hi! Thank you for your good troubleshooting idea. I figured it out and it was a simple fix. When I published the feature service from ArcGIS Pro, I didn't arrange my layers correctly. In order for the parent/child relationship to publish correctly in the HFS, apparently, the layers need to be arranged in ArcGIS Pro so that the polygon (parent) layer is on top of the point (child) layer. After doing this, I was able to create a survey that correctly represented the feature service. That was kind of an unexpected gotcha for me! Thank you!

Thanks. 

0 Kudos