Passing parameters from Field Maps - issues after updating to 3.14.x

Jump to solution
02-24-2022 05:32 AM
Andy_CS
New Contributor III

Hi

I use an arcade expression in my field map feature popups to build a link to a survey 123 form, the link passes two attributes from the map feature into two responses in the form.

As of this morning (24/02 0900 GMT) I've had reports from some surveyors that whilst the link is opening the correct survey form it is no longer passing the attributes into the survey responses.

I was able to replicate the error on my own device after updating survey 123 to version 3.14. I was unable to replicate on version 3.13

The link has been working fine for the last six weeks or so, and I have been using a similar expression in my other surveys for the last year or so with no problems. I was wondering if the recent update may have altered the way I need to build the linkning url in field maps? Couldn't spot anything in the help docs

The link constructed from the arcade expression in Field Maps is given below, I don't encode the URL.

https://survey123.arcgis.app/?ID=[FORMID]&field:prSiteType=[SITETYPE]&field:prExistingSiteSuperName=...]

EDIT: The first response in the url is being passed correctly into a select_one type question the second response is not being passed into a select_one_from_file or text type question (the type is dependent on the first response)

Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @EricHalstead,

We have addressed this issue with URL parameters and relevant questions in the 3.14 March update, which will be available shortly to test via the Early Adopter Community.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

Andy_CS
New Contributor III

BUG-000147388

There is a workaround detailed in the bug.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I am using a similar expression on our web maps. Using S123 Field App 3.14.x on a survey created in 3.12/3.13 appears to still work. But seeing as this latest issue seems to affect surveys at random, maybe this is somehow related?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I am interested to hear what the resolution is.

0 Kudos
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

I don't have an expression, just an attribute that is not longer being passed (to a select_one question). Had been working fine up until yesterday... On version 3.14.237

Not all our field staff are seeing this issue, some of them are still on 3.13.xx.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JamieLambert,

Similar to my reply above, can you share your XLSForm (xlsx file and any media/scripts files)? And also the exact URL being used to pass the parameters into the field app so we can do some testing.

There shouldn't be any changes to the way the URL works, more so the way calculations are running and processing values from different sources (user entry, calcs, pulldata, JS functions, Inbox editing, URL parameters). All of these can put values into the one same field, hence reviewing the form design is next best step.

Regards,

Phil.

JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User,

I got it sorted. I had pulldata("@property",'mode') in the ‘relevant’ cell of the attribute that was not working when launched via a URL. I guess this was working (or not working) out of sequence previously.

From memory... I think I did this because of how the question behaved when you opened an existing survey through the Inbox when the question type is ‘autocomplete’ - on an earlier version.

Once I remove the entry in the ‘relevant’ field it works as expected. And it looks fine through the Inbox now. So all good.

Thanks for the quick response.

Jamie.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy_CS,

Are you able to provide a copy of the XLSForm (xlsx file and any media/scripts files - csv/js functions etc)? This will be helpful. Also is the above example URL the full URL that gets constructed, or just part of it as it appears to be cut off?

With the 3.14 release there has been no changes to URL parameters and how these are passed into the Survey123 field app from Field Maps, however there has been improvements and changes to how calculations and expressions are processed in the form. It is possible the question that is not working has a calculation or expression (relevant, pulldata, JS function etc) that is conflicting with the incoming value from the URL parameter?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Andy_CS
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've attached a cut down version of the xlsx form / associated media isolating the problem I am having. The 'Additional' directory inside the zip contains:

- the arcade attribute expression I am using in my map popups to open the survey in the S123 app (text file)

- two examples of the urls built by the expression above (text file)

- the html I use to construct the attribute popup

I've tested this version of the form in the S123 app. Version 3.14 reproduces the problem - the second field attribute from the url is not passed into the survey. Version 3.13 is fine - both attributes are passed.

The question accepting the second parameter from the URL does have relevance controlled by the response from first parameter - so that could well be it.

I'm running Android 11. So far the surveyors reporting the problem are also on Android, however we don't have many on iOS.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

Andy.

p.s. my external select csv contains commas, I know this goes against reccommendations but I forgot to remove them from the survey so have reproduced them in the cut down version.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Andy_CS

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! I am able to reproduce the behavior on our end and have gone ahead and logged an internal issue for the behavior. 

Please feel free to reach out to Esri Technical Support and they will be able to log a BUG that will allow you to track the status of the issue. 

Thank you,
Zach
Andy_CS
New Contributor III

Thanks Zach,

If anyone else is interested I'll attach the BUG ID to this post once I have one.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes please!

0 Kudos