Passing parameters from Field Maps - issues after updating to 3.14.x

Jump to solution
02-24-2022 05:32 AM
Andy_CS
New Contributor III

Hi

I use an arcade expression in my field map feature popups to build a link to a survey 123 form, the link passes two attributes from the map feature into two responses in the form.

As of this morning (24/02 0900 GMT) I've had reports from some surveyors that whilst the link is opening the correct survey form it is no longer passing the attributes into the survey responses.

I was able to replicate the error on my own device after updating survey 123 to version 3.14. I was unable to replicate on version 3.13

The link has been working fine for the last six weeks or so, and I have been using a similar expression in my other surveys for the last year or so with no problems. I was wondering if the recent update may have altered the way I need to build the linkning url in field maps? Couldn't spot anything in the help docs

The link constructed from the arcade expression in Field Maps is given below, I don't encode the URL.

https://survey123.arcgis.app/?ID=[FORMID]&field:prSiteType=[SITETYPE]&field:prExistingSiteSuperName=...]

EDIT: The first response in the url is being passed correctly into a select_one type question the second response is not being passed into a select_one_from_file or text type question (the type is dependent on the first response)

Tags (2)
13 Replies
Andy_CS
New Contributor III

BUG-000147388

There is a workaround detailed in the bug.

0 Kudos
EricHalstead
New Contributor II

Hello Zach,

Is this an issue that will be resolved with the next update?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @EricHalstead,

We have addressed this issue with URL parameters and relevant questions in the 3.14 March update, which will be available shortly to test via the Early Adopter Community.

Regards,

Phil.

Andy_CS
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thanks for this - I've tested the newly released early adopter app build and the url is now passing parameters as expected.

Thanks again,

Andy.