Select to view content in your preferred language

Parsing/Syntax Error

Jump to solution
01-24-2024 06:58 AM
hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I am trying to upload a form to a survey in Survey123 web and am receiving the following error:

"Error: An error occurred when checking the report template. The tag beginning with "}$repeatEn" is unopened. The start tag ${ if mirrors_seats_belts_glass_damag} is unclosed."

I have never had trouble resolving this error in the past but for some reason I am not having any luck.

In the form, this is what the user has put in:

Mirrors, Seat Belts, & Glass

Mirrors, Seat Belts, & Glass Photos

Status

Comments

${if mirrors_seats_belts_glass_damag}${#mirrors_seats_belts_glass_damag} ... ${$file | size:150:0} ... ${/}&{/}

${mirrors_seat_belts_glass | getValue:""}

${mirrors_seat_belts_glass_commen | appearance:"multiline"}

Here is a screenshot of the actual form:

hherrmann_coj_0-1706108208710.png

I would be grateful for any assistance in resolving this.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @hherrmann_coj 

After checking this out, I found this here, it may be the culprit, once replaced, if still not working I was curious if you could share your xls form as well?

I found this here:

CodyPatterson_1-1706111046468.png

Notice how the mirrors_seats_belts_glass_damag section does not have a $ on the final {/}, it has an ampersand instead, I was curious if changing that would be beneficial?

Hope that helps!

Cody

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @hherrmann_coj 

I was curious if you could attach the document that these are in? I've seen some issues with formatting appearing as set and looking clear, but as soon as you go to start digging in, there's a space or an issue somewhere. I'm interested to see what "}$repeatEn" could be as well!

Cody

hherrmann_coj
Occasional Contributor

@CodyPatterson that would be awesome if you can take a look at the actual document.  I have attached it to this reply.  Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey @hherrmann_coj 

After checking this out, I found this here, it may be the culprit, once replaced, if still not working I was curious if you could share your xls form as well?

I found this here:

CodyPatterson_1-1706111046468.png

Notice how the mirrors_seats_belts_glass_damag section does not have a $ on the final {/}, it has an ampersand instead, I was curious if changing that would be beneficial?

Hope that helps!

Cody