Select to view content in your preferred language

Calculating new feature layer from Survey123 results

Jump to solution
01-23-2024 03:00 PM
NoémieBoulanger-Lapointe
New Contributor II

We created a survey in Survey123 Connect to enter information for a long-term monitoring program about berries. The data are collected over multiple sites and years. Each site contains multiple plots; at each plots we are collecting data inside 25 quadrats for 3 different species.

The survey contained two forms which are populated by the XLS. The first one contains data about the plot-level information (plot name, date of sampling, average abundance of each species per plot) and the other contains raw data about the quadrat (species, abundance per quadrat). Each time someone completes the survey, one line is populated on the first form and 25 on the second form.

We now want to calculate the average per site,year and species for display in a Dashboard. Ideally we would have a new feature layer that is calculating this average automatically from the Survey123 forms. We have not yet been able to find anything similar in this forum, any pointers would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should be able to do this using Arcade and FeatureSet functions in a Data Expression.  That should get you started.  

I would also look into making Form 2 a repeat in Form 1 or a relationship between them.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should be able to do this using Arcade and FeatureSet functions in a Data Expression.  That should get you started.  

I would also look into making Form 2 a repeat in Form 1 or a relationship between them.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
NoémieBoulanger-Lapointe
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! The form 2 is already a repeat in Form 1, so both are already linked. I will try working with Data Expression directly in the Dashboard which would remove the need to create an additional layer.

0 Kudos