New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a multi level hierarchy of objects:

- Object of type A contains one or more objects of type B

-- Object of type B contains one or more objects of type C

To get the correct relationships I need to use nested repeats in Survey123:

- Object type A is the master

-- Object type B is a repeat related to object type A

--- Object type C is a repeat related to object type B (a repeat within a repeat)

Now I would like to make use of the pages style and present information for the different object types on different pages. Maybe an example helps understanding. I have this object hierarchy:

A1

- B1

-- C11

-- C12

- B2

-- C21

-- C22

Now, when I select object B1 on my B type page I only want to have acces to the C type pages of objects C11 and C12, whereas when I select object B2 I only want to have access to the C type pages of objects C21 and C22.

As far as I understand the pages style and the examples I have seen so far it is not possible to begin a new pages group within a repeat (that is already contained in a higher level pages group) or: Repaet in a page group is possible, page group within a repeat is not.

Is my understanding correct or is there a trick to use pages within nested repeats?

Thanks for any help, best regards,

Jürgen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are correct.  A repeat will always have the + bar at the bottom which makes it hard to work with pages.

Depending on your data you could try the new Grid theme.  It may allow you to make a table that will work for you instead of pages.  Repeats cannot grow inside the table though yet but it may help you.