Select to view content in your preferred language

working with repeat questions.

07-16-2019 01:02 PM
ToddAckerman
New Contributor III

I need to be able to collect the width of a trial.  Now I do have that already asked in survey 123 connect.  My question is two-part, I need to continue to update the width of the trail as I move down the trail, so do I need to put begin repeat before and end repeat after?  I am also collecting features that will be in the trail and need to collect the remaining trail width at that feature (ex. rock that takes up 14 inches in the trial and the trail width was 30 inches, there is now 16 inches of remaining trail width.  I want to be able to have the program do the math of the remaining trail width.) I have done this but am not feeling that as the trail width changes it will not affect all of my previous data.

Thanks

Todd

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do not really get what you are asking.  But you can use sum() and max() across a repeat to get info.  So maybe  a constraint of TrailWidthRemaining = CurrentWidth - sum(trailwidth)

0 Kudos
ToddAckerman
New Contributor III

I see what you are saying and it may work.  My trail width is going to change as I go down the trail, I just need to make sure that if at 400 feet down the trail the width is 36 inch width and now being 48 inches wide at 900 feet down the trail that all of my calculation are not using the 48 if I have a bunch of features before the 900 feet.  It is hard to type out, a lot easier to explain on the phone.

Thanks

Todd

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am thinking keep a var called CurrentWidth in the repeat and change it as needed.  Then base all the calcs off of that.  This value should not change 3 repeats back.  So if in repeat 1 it was 32 it will stay that way even if you change it in repeat 10.  Unless they change something in that particular repeat.  If that becomes as issue wrap the calc in the once() function.