Organize surveys - is there a way to group surveys into sections so there aren't so many to look through? (i.e., can I group all my surveys for my Air Division, Water Division and Waste Division into 3 different areas.

01-09-2020 12:36 PM
DebraCrouse
New Contributor II

We have several surveys within each division and I want to group them to help with organization.

5 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

If you mean within Survey123, grouping different surveys is currently not possible.

An alternative solution is to create a pdf or similar with links to each survey. You can then have them open survey123 through that document.

See https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/07/30/understanding-survey123s-custom-url-sche... for more details

Edit - here is an example of such a link:

Launch Survey123

Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Debra,

Currently you cannot group the surveys in Survey123 Connect. Here is a post with similar discussion.

I also encourage you to submit an enhancement request via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes please.  In the field app I wish I could at least browse by group like you do in Collector. 

Side note: (I wish there was a Esri standard across ALL Esri apps but the groups do not seem to talk to each other much.  Like Word and Excel are very similar interfaces.  But Esri has always been wild wild west across the company it seems.  Another example is AGOL and SDE use different editor tracking field names.)

I also really need a way to organize my Connect.  I will have 250 forms next year all named Company_Division... (due to the name length) in Connect with no way to tell them apart.

I know they are looking into it, and prob sick of me asking, but it just gets real tough at the enterprise level.

Thanks!

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I agree, Doug. It would be super useful to be able to organize surveys.

This is a stupidly simple workaround and you've likely already thought of it, but you could use thumbnails to help distinguish the title of the survey, since your naming convention is too long to be able to see any unique information. 

I also couldn't find an existing idea for this so I created one: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/add-the-ability-to-organize-surveys-in-survey12...

EDIT: Apologies, I apparently was incompetent with my search efforts. I also found this idea: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/survey123-form-organization/idi-p/939747

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do this already :).  There are still a ton though.  Even after a clean out I have 165 forms - have been over 250 before.

DougBrowning_0-1659015621152.png

DougBrowning_1-1659015685432.png

0 Kudos