Select to view content in your preferred language

Opening Survey123 form in Field Maps (created in 2021 v.3.12) does not work anymore

2 weeks ago
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, 

I posted the same content in the Field Maps community (Opening Survey123 form in Field Maps (created in 2... - Esri Community)

I built a mobile solution that leverages both Field Maps and Survey123 back in 2021. When users click the asset on the map in Field Maps, a hyper link is created with selected feature's attributes and some real-time calculated values.

I used Classic Map Viewer at that time, and things worked smoothly. Since 2022, it was not in much use, and today I found out that the URL parameter I've created does not work anymore.

Can someone advice where I need to look at it? or perhaps save it as (new) Map Viewer?

Here is a sample url being created on the fly (I replaced parameter values to random text as my data is not public)

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=ItemID&field:Structure_Number=0233&field:Structure_Name=TOWER%20BANK&field:Highway=17&field:Critical_Route=no&field:Asset_Type=BRIDGE&field:Service_Area=A6&center=yvalue, xvlalue&callback=https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?

Addition:

With more investigation, I found callback and center worked, but if I include field/value in the URL the survey123 form is not loading. Is there something that has been changed since 2021?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Regular Contributor II

Have you tried included URL Encoding? Below is part of a URL I'm generating to pass info from Field Maps to Survey123 and you can see red text where the Encoding has modified the URL. 

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=###############&field%3Ainspection_number=9%20months&field%3Aplantation=Balingup&field%3Atenure=Freehold%20-%20DBCA&field%3Atree_species=P.RAD&field%3Ayears_planted=2023&center=##.###%2C###.###&callback=https%3A%2F%2Ffieldmaps.arcgis.app...........

See this post here for a more indepth discussion around how my link is generated and URL encoding. Solved: Help with Survey123 link from Field Maps with call... - Esri Community

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos