Select to view content in your preferred language

Need assistance linking a Form to an existing feature layer after repeats have been added

Jump to solution
04-08-2024 04:06 PM
JoeBryant1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a point layer I want to be the basis of my Inbox for my inspectors. I used this layer, published as a feature service, to create a new Survey123 form. I added a lot of customization, including repeats to allow additional geotrace and geoshape questions that will be related to the original point layer. I could not publish the updated form from Survey123 Connect using the submission_url and form_id, because Survey123 cannot find the related layers that store the repeats. I removed the submission_url and published a new empty set of feature classes for the form instead. I then brought the newly published feature service into ArcGIS Pro and attempted to use Append to add the existing points/attribute to the form's main feature class. But I get warning "000594: Input Feature #: Function not implemented" on every point when running the Append tool. I have verified that the Output XY Domain is "Union of Inputs" and that both feature classes are in WGS1984.

Am I going about this correctly? Please show me how to get my existing points into the Survey123 form feature class so I can use them in the Inbox.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBryant1

Update:

I found that I could export the point features I want to append to the Survey123 feature class as a file geodatabase, zip the file, go to the item details page for the feature class, go to the Data tab, and select “Update Data”. This let me map the field names and add the features via a web browser.

I tried a number of things in Pro to make the Append work, including disabling Z and M values on the input dataset, but they all failed with the same message. I suspect it is because the destination dataset says it has a filter applied, but the only filter applied is a time filter, which I did not setup and cannot be changed (the controls are grayed out in Pro). When I go to the feature service definition, time is disabled. This may be a bug in Pro, as I was able to append in ArcGIS Online directly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBryant1

Update:

I found that I could export the point features I want to append to the Survey123 feature class as a file geodatabase, zip the file, go to the item details page for the feature class, go to the Data tab, and select “Update Data”. This let me map the field names and add the features via a web browser.

I tried a number of things in Pro to make the Append work, including disabling Z and M values on the input dataset, but they all failed with the same message. I suspect it is because the destination dataset says it has a filter applied, but the only filter applied is a time filter, which I did not setup and cannot be changed (the controls are grayed out in Pro). When I go to the feature service definition, time is disabled. This may be a bug in Pro, as I was able to append in ArcGIS Online directly.

0 Kudos