Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple issues with survey in updated Survey123 Field app 3.14.237

02-24-2022 02:50 PM
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

I am having multiple issues with a survey in the updated field app 3.14.237. The survey has been working smoothly for over a year in the former iterations of the field app. I currently have the survey running on two iPhones. One is running the updated field app 3.14.237 and running into issues with the survey, and the other is running the previous version 3.13.246 and having no issues with the survey. 

Problems that that are occurring in the new updated field app 3.14.237:

The app freezes when I try to add an image from my photo stream or files, and I have to swipe out of the survey and exit completely. I am able to access the device camera but I cannot upload from photos or files. 

When entering information into a question that has repeat and a calculation, the input will erase when going forward or backward in the repeat and become completely blank again. This calculation is working off of a pulldata calculation if that has any relevancy. 

Any support is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MatthewRogers,

Thanks for sharing the video. Few more questions:

What exact version of iOS is the device running?

How many images/photos are in the gallery, are they all stored locally, or using iCloud or other cloud storage?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User ,

No problem. 

So, I am testing on two different iPhones and experiencing the same issue. They both are storing photos using iCloud. One is an iPhone 11 and has around 2700 photos. The other is an iPhoneXr and has around 1800 photos on it. They both are running iOS 15.3.1.

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User,

Any update or knowledge on this issue? 

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MatthewRogers,

We are still looking into this issue and no further updates at this stage. Strangely enough it does not happen on all devices, so requires further investigation to find the root cause.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User and @JamesTedrick,

Thank you for all your help with this matter. I believe I have been able to solve the issue of the phone freezing upon trying to enter the camera roll. 

The solution it appears was changing a hidden question type to an integer question type and using the appearance-hidden option to hide the question. 

With the other changes made from the once(count()) to the position(..) function, and moving my relative statements to body::esri:visible column everything looks to be cleared up with my survey, and it seems to be working as it did under earlier versions of the field app. 

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MatthewRogers,

Thanks for the update. From our testing so far we are seeing it could be related to the position(..) function and other expressions that are either hidden or not relevant at time image browse button is selected, however some expressions are still running in background causing the UI to be busy and not display the gallery pop-up from the OS. We are continuing to work on this and will let you know if any further updates.

Glad you got it working in the mean time.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User,

Unfortunately, I am back to experiencing issues with the camera roll freezing with the update to the new Survey123 field app 3.14.255. 

Once again, I have one iPhone 10, running the new app 3.14.255, and the camera roll is freezing when I try to add a photo from the camera roll. However, when I touch the screen the camera roll will come up. Then, when I press to add a photo it will freeze again until I tap the screen again or swipe down. 

The camera roll freeze is only occurring when I am editing a survey with photos attached from the inbox. The camera roll freeze does not occur, however, when first collecting a survey and adding photos. It only happens once it is being edited with photos attached already. If a survey does not have photos attached yet, and I edit from the inbox the camera roll does not freeze.

I have an iPhone 11, running the previous version of the app 3.14.242, and I am experiencing no problems with the camera roll freezing when trying to add a photo when editing a survey with attached photos from the inbox. 

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated?

I have attached my excel document as well as accompanying csv sheets that I use for pulldata functions. 

Thank you,

Matt

0 Kudos