Select to view content in your preferred language

Javascript script appears to be outdated on smartphone app & web, but current in Survey 123 Connect app

Jump to solution
10-09-2023 06:13 AM
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Got a weird one here. During testing of some Javascript changes, I began to suspect that something wasn't right with the script I was working on. I assumed that the problem was of my own making (and it almost certainly is), but it appears that the latest changes to my Javascript script are not being published with the survey. 

I've got debug logic in place in both the XLSForm and the JS file to display additional information. I'm seeing debug info from the latest script version when I test the survey in Survey 123 Connect, but older debug info on the web and smartphone app surveys.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue further. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chip

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ChipMorgan65 I have run into that one too sometimes. Very annoying! Try closing the app, deleting survey and downloading again... If things do not clear... reinstall the app or rename the JS file. I personally do not know what conditions make the JS files be so sticky.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

@ChipMorgan65 I have run into that one too sometimes. Very annoying! Try closing the app, deleting survey and downloading again... If things do not clear... reinstall the app or rename the JS file. I personally do not know what conditions make the JS files be so sticky.

0 Kudos
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

Ismael,

Thanks for the guidance and thanks for your reply.

I'll go for renaming the JS file and hope that fixes the issue.

Additionally, I'm happy to do whatever debugging that you might find useful to improve the product going forward. What information could I collect that might shed light on this issue?

Thanks,

Chip

0 Kudos