Select to view content in your preferred language

Decimal numbers not available while using repeats

10-10-2023 06:34 AM
MariusVerdes
Regular Contributor

Hi Community,

I am creating a new survey for a monthly job that my colleagues are legally obligated to perform in the forest. The xlsx form can be found in the attachments, with some of the choices changed for data privacy reasons.

I am having an issue with the area and volume fields. Even though they are set to decimal numbers, when I try to make a test survey, the values are transformed into integers.

I have found some information online that suggests that the device's decimal character may be to blame, but I have tried with both commas (which result in an invalid number) and points (which result in the value being transformed into an integer). I am having the same issue on my Android phone. Both devices are set to English.

Has anyone else faced this issue in the past? My understanding is that the repeats in the survey may be to blame.

Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

abureaux_0-1696951281498.png

You have set bind:esri:fieldType for many fields. This is redundant and unnecessary, and in this case, creating a mismatch for field types.

Also, warning that changing field types will result in the entire survey being republished and potential data loss if you already have submissions. There are ways around this though. The easiest would be to delete that one column from the Feature Service, and then recreate it as the proper field type. This would minimize data loss.

EDIT. Same thing with the bind::esri:fieldLength. 255 is the default field length, so you don't need to enter 255 here, just leave it blank.

abureaux_1-1696951421543.png

0 Kudos