Multiple choice other random order

Jump to solution
11-21-2020 06:32 AM
JoshWolstenholme
New Contributor II

I have a multiple choice question with 14 options (including Other). I would like these to be displayed in a random order, but keep Other at the end. Survey123 seems to offer these options, but they only work when using a desktop web browser. When using a mobile phone or the app, other is randomly ordered too.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

This is currently a known issue with the field app, the "other" choice will be moved amongst the available choices when using "other" and random together. We have an internal issue in our backlog to address this in a future release. It will however work as expected in the web app when using a browser.

I encourage you to submit a bug via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

This is currently a known issue with the field app, the "other" choice will be moved amongst the available choices when using "other" and random together. We have an internal issue in our backlog to address this in a future release. It will however work as expected in the web app when using a browser.

I encourage you to submit a bug via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official bug number for your records. This number can be used to search for and subscribe to the bug on the Esri Support site. If the issue is reported by other customers it will be attached to the same bug report, which helps us assess the impact of the issue and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
JoshWolstenholme
New Contributor II

Thanks, Phil! Much appreciated.

ChristinaCroll
New Contributor II

Has there been any update to this known issue?  Anchoring Other at the bottom of the choices works when the survey is developed in Survey123 online but seems to "break" when opening the form in Survey123 connect.  I have several questions that I need to randomize but also have room for an Other response and I want that to be at the bottom of the choice list.  Any assistance would be most appreciated.

AnnaScholl
Occasional Contributor

Did you find anything? I find this maddening about Connect

0 Kudos