MS Flow Webhook - Error (TrustFailure)

06-13-2019 04:11 PM
MarcoPoetsch
Occasional Contributor II

Hi all,

I creadet a MS flow to capture records. This worked fine for quite a while. However, since yesterday I get following error message on MS flow:

BadRequest. Http request failed with status code 'TrustFailure' and status message: 'The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.'.

The survey is hosted on AGOL.

Even if I create a new connection I get the same error.

On MS Flow site:

MS FLow Error

On Survey123 site:

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marco,

An SSL error would indicate an issue contacting survey123.arcgis.com; this is communication between Azure and Survey123 directly.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James,

Any information on when this will be resolved as it is occurring with one of my MS Flows currently?

0 Kudos
TomRuff
New Contributor III

Hi Marco,

I also had this issue, the way that I resolved it was to use the "When a Http request is received" flow module and set up the webhook via the Survey123 website manually. This module generates a similar URI to the automated one when you set it up in flow in the pre setup manner. Once you generate a sample payload its essentially the same as your first attempt (although you can expose a bit more information with the custom webhook by the looks of it). 

Hope this helps.

ÉricGosselin
Esri Contributor

Hi Tom,

Do you have any information on how to use and configure the flow module "When a Http request is received" to replace the Survey123 automated one, Any infos on how to setup will be useful as my customer needs a workaround as it is in production and more than 60 users are using the Survey123 and the webhook

0 Kudos
TomRuff
New Contributor III

Hi Eric, 

What do you need to do I'm happy to help. Initially you need to create a "when a http request is received" trigger which will create a url end point which you can enter into Survey123 website > your survey> Survey settings > webhooks > add webhook and add in that generated URL as the webhook url ticking on the various options. If you need more help feel free to drop me a message.

0 Kudos
ÉricGosselin
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

Can you explain in more details the creation of the trigger? with the JSON payload by example. 

I have limited Ms Flow experience, sorry

0 Kudos
TomRuff
New Contributor III

No worries, so when you setup that flow originally leave the JSON payload blank. set up one more step (it can be anything just so it will run). Then test the flow. When you test it you can click on the "when a http request is received" box in flow and it will give you the payload that Survey123 sent to the URL copy this payload then go back to edit click use sample payload to generate JSON payload and paste in the JSON from the test.

0 Kudos
ÉricGosselin
Esri Contributor

Hi Tom again, Sorry for the delay.

Do you have a step-by-steps procedure? 

I have trouble.

I want to send a email when someone submit a survey123.

0 Kudos
TomRuff
New Contributor III

First create a blank flow like this with no JSON schema:

add the HTTP post url from the above photo as the webhook URL:

Save it and click test in MS Flow

Click ill perform trigger action

When your page looks like this, send a test survey.:

You should then get this:

Click the when a http request is received to see the payload.

Copy this payload to the generate payload button in flow:

Paste here:

And now your custom webhook is setup. It should auto recognise the various elements within the Survey e.g User portal etc.