Disappearing Surveys on Repeat

08-12-2019 10:43 AM
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

I created a survey with repeats using Survey123 for some field inspectors. Several of the inspectors are experiencing odd behavior and I am wondering if there may be a solution to this. I will translate the problem as described to me. However, since I am not the one experiencing the problems, I may miss some details. Additionally, the problem is being described by an individual who isn't necessarily tech-savvy.

1. The field inspector goes into the field and updates an existing feature (repeat);
  2. After entering the updated information, s/he will select the Send Later option;
  3. The inspector will then drive to the next location and, based on the description given me, the "blue flashing dot" (current location) will show the features in the vicinity, which then "all turn orange then flash completely off the map and then slowly build back and my blue dot catches up to me until I update my next [feature]."

Again, this is how it was explained to me. The main issues, best I can tell, are the current location point disappearing and the features turning orange, disappearing, and slowly reappearing. I know it is sufficiently vague, but all I have to work with at the moment.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the description.  What device is your inspector using?

0 Kudos
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

They are using Samsung Galaxy Tabs 10.1 with built in GPS.

0 Kudos