Mixed data types in questions

07-06-2022 10:33 PM
DianaKyalo
New Contributor II

Is it possible to have a custom type when using survey 123 connect. Say if the integer value is not available for entry respondent can select  "No data available"?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@DianaKyalo By default, if an integer question is left blank, it is given a value of 'Null'. 

Does this solve your issue?

0 Kudos
DianaKyalo
New Contributor II

Hello Richard. 

Not really, I am looking  for a solution for this scenario:
 When left blank could be for other reasons i.e they do not what to answer ... but the respondent  to be able to select "No data available".

As a matter of fact ...have an integer option and select_one  combined?   Is it possible?
because no research or data has been collected to provide the answer

0 Kudos
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@DianaKyalo For your scenario I would set the integer question to relevant only if a previous select one question was answered. Such as "Has research or data has been collected?" If the surveyor answers yes then the integer question will appear.

DianaKyalo
New Contributor II

@Richard_Purkis I later went your suggestion and added this; With an integer question  with this relevant string-length(${name})<=0  and another select_one  question after the integer "Why did you leave the question blank? bla bla " with my preferred choices. If the integer question has a value then the nxt question disappears.

0 Kudos