Filter through multiple choice list

08-01-2022 04:13 PM
richardelliott
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have set up a survey using select_multiple_from_file , linking to a csv file which reference 700 tree species. Appearance is set to minimal.

I would like the user to be able to select has many species as needed but still be able to start typing species name or do a search by name or letter rather than scrolling down the huge list. So for example the user can type "eucalyptus" and the list will display eucalyptus species

Is there a way to do this ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @richardelliott

The way to allow user input to filter a choice list by typing is the autocomplete appearance. Unfortunately the autocomplete appearance is only selected for select_one/select_one_from_file and not select_multiple. Please see this documentation for more information. 

Another way this could be done would be to have a text question before the select_multiple question where the user can enter text, then use a cascading select using a choice filter expression to filter the choice list based on the user entered text. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
richardelliott
New Contributor II

Hi Zach

Thank you for your answer. I can't see how the choice filter would work in that case? 

0 Kudos