Select to view content in your preferred language

Mapping multiple photos with Survey123

11-08-2023 02:50 AM
CatP
by
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have trawled through the forum posts trying to find the answer to my question but no luck.

I have a Survey the in 123 app that has a list of 10 questions on one page with image upload as the answer. So each question requires a response in the form of a photograph only, NO text input, NO dropping of a pin on a map etc. 

I want to be able to map the point location of the individual photo answers. Ideally the photographs also appear on the mapviewer as attachments to view. The way it is working now it only shows one point which is (I think) the location of where the survey was submitted. All images have a different lat/long in EXIF. 

Can someone advise, please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

An image catalog type Esri web app may be able to do it.  When working with the Orientated Imagery stuff you needed to process all the tags though.  I would look at some apps and see if any can do this without processing.

The only way to get multiple data points in one form is a repeat.  You could use pulldata on the exif and pump that to the geopoint question. (Or maybe just let it default to where they are standing but we often have crews take all the photos then fill out the form later.)  But that would mean all the same questions since its a repeat.  What I did for this was have a question Which Photo? with a drop down.  Benefit they can do any order but user does have an extra tap.  Also then you need to make sure they did not miss one or dup any.  There is code to check for no repeats and then a constraint on count() may do it though.

Hope that helps.  Not as easy as it should be.  Check out the app samples for photos though it may be there.

CatP
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Doug. That's very helpful.

With a bit of playing around I managed to project the photos as separate points:

- Batch export from Survey123 -> .gdb -> this script -> Geotagged Photos to Points tool.

But I don't think it'll work for large numbers and it's a cumbersome workflow. 

0 Kudos
ClarkSelby
New Contributor III

Here are a few tools that you might want to look at for efficiently processing large number of of photos, from converting geotagged videos to polylines to efficiently appending geotagged photos to points:

1. Geotagged Videos to Polylines
  2. Geotagged Video to Photos
  3. Append Geotagged Videos
  4. Append Geotagged Photos to Points