Making changes to data

02-24-2017 08:46 AM
randeegreenwald
New Contributor

I need to change the Lat and Lon on some of my map points because they are way off. How do I do that without having to download a CSV file?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The easiest way would be to open the layer in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer and edit the points there.

0 Kudos
randeegreenwald
New Contributor

Hi James, could you be more specific, please?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

If you open the survey in survey123.arcgis.com, go to the 'Data' tab.  There you should see a button at the lower left to 'Open in ArcGIS Map Viewer'.  

0 Kudos
randeegreenwald
New Contributor

Yes, but how do I edit the coordinates?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

you should see a button marked 'edit' in the map viewer- clicking that will allow you to edit the data.  See Edit features—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS for more information.

0 Kudos
randeegreenwald
New Contributor

I made the changes to the coordinates but now what should I do with the old files?

old files with new updated file

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi randee,

What you are showing in the image aren't "old files"- all are current and part of your survey.  By item type, they represent:

• The Form is the file that describes they survey and questions for the web & mobile Survey123 clients
  • The Feature Layer items represent where the survey data is stored.
    •  The one that is just (hosted) is the original access point for the data and should be kept private to the author of the survey
    • The one that ends with "_fieldworker" is used as the submitting/editing endpoint - it's what the website and mobile application connect to when filling in the survey
  • The Web Map item is a graphical view of the data you created while or after editing the survey data.  It doesn't store the survey data; rather, it accesses the survey data from one of the 2 Feature Layer items mentioned above.
0 Kudos