Survey 123 copies and data

02-24-2017 09:02 AM
randeegreenwald
New Contributor

I use Survey 123 Web to create my surveys. I published the survey and it has been used once to collect data. The data collectors want to make changes to the survey for the next time they use it but I know that I have to create a copy of the survey if I want to make changes. My only concern is that the data will not be together from the original version and the copy version. Can someone tell me if this is true or does the data get separated when you make a copy?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi randee,

Yes, when only using the web tools, the data of two surveys exist in two separate tables.  Depending on the changes intended, you can download the survey into Survey123Connect (the desktop tool), modify and re-upload; note that some changes (adding questions, for example) cannot be done without republishing the survey.

0 Kudos
randeegreenwald
New Contributor

Hi James,

I want to edit the zip code field and I want to remove required setting from some of the questions. What can I do to make sure the gathered data is not separated into two different tables?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi randee,

You can accomplish this change by downloading the Survey123Connect for ArcGIS desktop application, downloading your survey there, and then modifying it by taking off the 'yes' in the required column of the spreadsheet for the zip code question.  Note that republishing it will mean that the default web viewer for the form will no longer work; however, a different webform, accessed from the globe icon in Survey123Connect, should work (it's currently under development, but able to handle forms already published via the website).

0 Kudos