Links in image questions don't function in the web app

02-09-2022 06:51 PM
Gerhard
New Contributor III

The limitation where links in choice labels don't function in the Survey123 web app is documented for certain situations. Does this also apply to the image question type?

I'm using a concat() to construct a mailto link for the hint of an image question. This link works in Connect and the field app, but not the web app.

concat('<a href="mailto:mail@business.com','?subject=Additional Evidence: ',${UUID},'&body=Please attach additional photos here and send. Do not alter the subject line." target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">mail@business.com</a>')

Table for concat() link exampleTable for concat() link example

Best,

Gerhard
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Gerhard,

Are you referring to using an image for a select one choice list in the web app. Please refer to the note in the image section of documentation:

Media—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation

Images for choices in multiple choice questions are not supported by the Survey123 web app when using the minimal or autocomplete appearances.

Is that what you are referring to not working?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Gerhard
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User,

Not quite, my apologies for the confusion. The question I'm referring to we also discussed here:  Solved: Why is the Image question type allowing any file t... - Esri Community. This is an image question rather than a select question. The issue is pertains to showing a link in the hint, not an image.

Best,

Gerhard
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Gerhard,

Ok, thanks for clarifying. So the mailto link in the image question hint doesn't work?

Can you provide a copy of your XLSForm, or a simplified cut down version, that repros the problem.

Has this always not worked, or did it stop working in a recent update?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Gerhard
New Contributor III

Any updates on this @Anonymous User?

Best,

Gerhard
0 Kudos
Gerhard
New Contributor III

That's right @Anonymous User, the mailto link is shown but doesn't open. As far as I'm aware, this has always not worked. I can right click and there is a 'Copy Email Address' option however.

Please see attached a simplified version of the XLS Form. This repros the problem in my testing.

Best,

Gerhard
0 Kudos