Limitations of Javascript pulldata

11-04-2021 07:16 AM
kelin84
New Contributor III

Hi, I have a lot of repeats in my Survey, which are creating around 350 fields in related tables. Those I need to show in a ArcGIS dahsboard, however related tables don't work that well, if at all in a dashboard.

So I'm using the pull data functionality from a JavaScript (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/extending-survey123-smart-forms-with-custom-js/b...

I tested that it workd with 5 fields, and then mass produced the required JavaScript and pulldata fields with a script to avoid typos.

When I try to run it, in the webform, I get an Oh snap! in Google Chrome, after a couple of seconds of viewing the Survey.

This Seems to work up to 47 fields/pulldata but on 48 it fails.

Any Ideas on this, either the limitation of 47 or another way to get the data into a Dashboard? I'm using 3.13

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Javascript broke on me with about that many fields as well.  Running out of memory is the issue.

I am using 9 repeats in Ops Dashboard no problem. What are you trying to do exactly?

Have you looked at the new Data Expressions for Ops?

0 Kudos
KennethLindhardt1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, I'm not the only one then.
For example I have A categorie = Bussiness, under that I have sub categories going in repeats. Office building, Highrise, and such they have a dedicated area per subtype. Now I want to filter and show the total area of all highrise buildings in the Dashboard.
The data are stored in the related tables as soon as it is the reapeats I can't get them out in the Dashboard.
Right now I'm using the "Old" operation Dahsboard, and I couldn't find any information about if this was possible on the newest version. I'm running the old, since the client hasn't updated the Enterprise yet, and since I couldn't get confirmed that it was possible to use related tables in Dashboard I used the Pulldata.
Do you have the knowledge on how to pull the data from related tables into a dashboard??
Thanks.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think you mean you want related tables to hang off the geometry?  You can add tables to Ops so that is my guess.

In the form why are you using pulldata vs things like sum(), max(), etc?

My other idea for data expressions is only in the new Ops dashboard.

0 Kudos
kelin84
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks. 
I don't think that it's possible to add the sum of the underlaying data. In my case. The main category is Business.
I have 2 office buildings each on 150 m² and one highrise building on 200 m² 
I can use the sum to get the total business area = 500 m² but I can't get the sum for the Office buildings = 300 m², without using the pulldata. 

0 Kudos