JSON Forms and XForms direct loading.

08-28-2017 09:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an existing form from another platform that exports as a JSON form, or  I can remap it to an Xform if necessary. I am attempting to load it as a service and cannot find a was to publish the form.

I was hoping to avoid having to recreate the entire form structure as it is over 300 questions. I often work in both platforms and was hoping to avoid continually having to rebuild my work on both.

Ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jesse,

Right now we don't have direct support, but it may be possible.  Ideally, there would be a tool to change XForm into XLSForm, though a quick search didn't show one.  That being said, you might be able to support the following with the XForm files:

1) Create a new Survey in Survey123 Connect.  This will create a (mostly) empty Excel file, which then gets processed into the XForm XML.  Close the Excel file without saving.

2) Open the survey directory.  Close Survey123 Connect (to remove any file locking that may occur)

3) Paste in your existing XForm XML. Delete the auto-created XML file and rename your existing XML file to match the name of the file you deleted.

4) Make sure that your XML file is dated later than the Excel file.  This can be done at the command line/terminal by a variant of the copy command (Windows - see How do I touch a file with standard Windows commands? - Stack Overflow ) or the `touch` command on macOS and Linux.

5) You can now publish the form into your ArcGIS organization

On the JSON, what was the creator of the JSON file?  The ability to use it is dependent on how it wrote out the form information.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the help, I will give this a try. The JSOn was created by a web data collection platform with a spatial component. It is Leaflet based, and they recently included the ability to extract and import form structure. I was intending to map it to the Xform structure required for survey123 using FME. If there is a more efficient way to do that I would certainly be interested.

0 Kudos