join function for select_one_from_file in repeat only gives selection number not species as desired

Jump to solution
10-19-2022 08:47 PM
BryanTaylor13
New Contributor

Hi all.  Having a minor issue using the join function with a repeat.  I have a csv file (very large) and using a select_one_from_file question, I select a species.  I answer a couple of related quality questions, and then add another item to the repeat, choose another species, etc.  Outside of the repeat I have used the join function, join(";",${dom_trsh}) to attempt to produce a list of the species chosen (this is what I expect:  "acacia;pinus;calocedrus;aricaceae", but instead of getting a joined list of species (like a concatenate), I end up with this instead: "1;34;14;6".  It seems like the join is getting the row number of that species from the csv file rather than the species name itself.  In the form and in the submitted data, the species is there.  But, when the calculation is done, I get the numbers instead.

Anyone have any ideas of how to rectify this?  Thanks in advance....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BryanTaylor13
New Contributor

All sorted.  My form was referencing an updated .csv file which did in fact have numbers in the "name" field, instead of a copy of the species name.  It is working perfectly as advertised.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BryanTaylor13
New Contributor

All sorted.  My form was referencing an updated .csv file which did in fact have numbers in the "name" field, instead of a copy of the species name.  It is working perfectly as advertised.

0 Kudos