Issues with Select_one questions

Jump to solution
03-24-2020 12:06 PM
JulesKarasira
New Contributor II

I created a survey123 with select_one questions. I need a help on how to create the survey;... so that when one choice is picked from any of the select_one questions, the rest of the choices have 0 values (recorded with 0) in the survey data. What statement should I use @Philip.Wilson-esristaff . Your help is appreciated as always. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You could go with something like this if you want to submit data for all students in one shot:

This will create a layer for the class, and a related table for students. Use the plus button in the repeat to add data for the next student.

When using a repeat, you can even use aggregate functions. For example, you can get the max, min, average of the weight, height and scores for the class. More info at: Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Using relevant statements to hide/show questions will not work in your case because when a question is not relevant Survey123 will always send null values for it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jules

Could you please provide your XLSForm and a bit more detail (perhaps as an example) on what you're hoping to achieve? You can attach files to your post using the 'advanced editor'.

Thank you,

Jim

0 Kudos
JulesKarasira
New Contributor II

Below is what I am trying to do. I want the question "Student information details" to popup every time I click on each student's name instead of below all students' names. 

Once I submit survey all students' information is sent at once.

0 Kudos
JulesKarasira
New Contributor II

Bellow is the sample file

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You could go with something like this if you want to submit data for all students in one shot:

This will create a layer for the class, and a related table for students. Use the plus button in the repeat to add data for the next student.

When using a repeat, you can even use aggregate functions. For example, you can get the max, min, average of the weight, height and scores for the class. More info at: Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Using relevant statements to hide/show questions will not work in your case because when a question is not relevant Survey123 will always send null values for it.

JulesKarasira
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot Ismael Chivite‌, this was so helpful.

I appreciate! 

0 Kudos