Issue when exporting from Survey123 data panel

Jump to solution
08-01-2017 02:23 AM
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to download data from a survey hosted on ArcGIS Online.

I go to data panel to make a filter based on time and then select output format (File geodatabase), but when I press download button nothing happens...and I wait over 30 minutes for 45 features and it's not normal.

I have tried with different browser (Edge, Chrome and Firefox)

No problem when I have download other data last week...any idea? Anyone has the same issue?

Stefano

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SMauri
by

Problem solved!

My survey is based on a feture layer hosted that is only shared with me in a group.

And among the option in setting panel is not allowed to download data in different format by other user

Anyway thank you

Stefano

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stefano,

We've occasionally seen issues in the export operation for particular services.  Can you attempt to duplicate by logging in to arcgis.com, go to the feature service entry in My Content, and export from there?

0 Kudos
SMauri
by

Hi James,

downloading directly from arcgis.com was my first attempt. But unfortunately ZIP file (Filegeodatabase inside) created by procedure was corrupted. Maybe because I have a lot of attachment and now feature class is over 3 Gb!

Anyway I have use this tools made by Jake Skinner: Download ArcGIS Online Feature Service or ArcGIS Server Feature/Map Service

It's not the best solution...but it's a solution.

Thank you for your support

Stefano

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for the update.  We're using the exact same functionality that is exposed via the Item Details page when you ask for a download in the Survey123 website (we just create & then delete the item once the download is complete); it it fails on the Item Details, it will also fail in the website.  It sounds like we need to be able to detect either the error, though.

SMauri
by

Problem solved!

My survey is based on a feture layer hosted that is only shared with me in a group.

And among the option in setting panel is not allowed to download data in different format by other user

Anyway thank you

Stefano

0 Kudos