Issue analyzing appended data (date, text, counts)

07-26-2017 03:56 PM
FernandoAlvarez1
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I am working on a survey that needed previous entries from an excel spreadsheet to be appended to a new survey I have created. All the data shows up just fine in the "Analyze" section of Survery123 but, when I want to filter data for a quick analysis based off the event date not the date the survey was submitted. Is there a way to get the filter button to do this? Also, I have a text field that is list of cities where these events occurred. When I analyzed this summary it seemed that the words were being split up. As an example, we had an event occur in San Bernardino. The way it is being counted is: one count for "San" and one count for "Bernardino". I would like it to read as one count for "San Bernardino".   Lastly, is there a report function where I can get a break down of how many per topic? I have attached some screenshots that may help.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FernandoAlvarez1
New Contributor III

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123‌ Would anyone have an idea how to overcome this obstacle?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fernando,

At this point, the Analysis page for Survey123 isn't able to support the additional types of analysis you're looking at. A couple of thoughts:

1) Using the date of the event - this could be supported by other applications by updating the Time Settings of the survey's feature service (see Configure time settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ).  Then the time slider that appears in ArcGIS applications would be based off of that field

2) On the word cloud - while the survey123 website breaks up the particular, most other ArcGIS apps won't.

3) Categorization by type- I'm not sure, but you may want to look at Web App Builder's charting capabilities.  The other method that occurs to me is to download for analysis in Excel.

We do want to enhance the capability of the Analyze page, and I'm marking your request to the appropriate enhancement requests.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the feedbacks on the Analyze page. As mentioned by James, we got the #1 and #2 items in our backlog.

For #3, at least, I see once we support enhanced filter in the page (filter for any question in the survey), you can filter for each topic in the above question, as a result, the statistic categories below will only contain records that fall into the specific topic.

In the meantime, we are researching more chart type to allow users combine two or more factors/questions for analysis in one single chart, such as the stacked bar/column. Any feedback on this will be appreciated. 

FernandoAlvarez1
New Contributor III

Thank you both for replying to my questions. I instead used a Web App to help me supplement my obstacle with the Analysis tab for Survey123. I do however would like to be able to count category. For example, In my data I have a organization type, a target audience, topic, and number attended. I would like to see how many folks attended my event by topic, by target audience, and by organization type.  Is this feedback helpful? If you need more clarification please do let me know.  I look foward to your future updates as Survery123 evolves and progresses.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for the detailed description. 

For your request, take the topic for example, I see a simple pivot chart where the X-axis stands for the topics and the Y-axis stands for the average/sum attendees for each topic could solve the problem. See attached example. 

Please let us know if you have any other suggestion for your request.

0 Kudos