Is it possible to copy answer from one survey submission to another using Survey123 field app?

Jump to solution
10-31-2022 02:28 PM
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello, 

I am wondering if it is possible for users to copy a sent survey using the Survey123 field app, so that they only have to change a few fields in a complex survey when most of the data is the same to the one they just submitted. I've seen this post which says this can be done using the web version (I even commented on it a long time ago, but didn't receive a response) but I'm wondering specifically if this is possible to do in the field app?

I've tried using the "Favorite Answers" method but I haven't gotten it to work like I had hoped for this functionality...

Thanks!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you go to the sent box you can copy into a new survey right there.  Is that what you mean?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Apologies, Doug. I answered my own question - I hadn't noticed this option before but now I see it right in front of my nose...

Katherine_Clark_0-1667258586019.png

One of those days, I guess.....thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you go to the sent box you can copy into a new survey right there.  Is that what you mean?

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Doug, I see that functionality when accessing through the "Sent" box as you mentioned. However, almost all of my surveys use the "Inbox" feature instead of the "Sent" feature, and I know it's not recommended to have both enabled at the same time.

Do you know if it's possible to do this while using the inbox feature? I tried but it seemed like I could only edit the existing survey. 

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No sorry I do not know.   I think editing Inbox surveys is way too dangerous so I never do it.  I prefer 1 for per visit.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Apologies, Doug. I answered my own question - I hadn't noticed this option before but now I see it right in front of my nose...

Katherine_Clark_0-1667258586019.png

One of those days, I guess.....thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek