Invisible "take photo" icon issues

01-09-2019 09:44 AM
DanielCorkran
New Contributor

I am using Survey123 on an Android device.  When I open the photo widget to take a photo, the icon to capture the photo is the same color as the background.  As a result, it looks like there is no option to take a photo.  See the attached screenshot for an example - no "take photo" icon beneath the zoom slider.  Is there any way to change the color of the background or the icon so that the "take photo" icon is visible?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Daniel,

We are currently investigating this behavior and trying to gather more information related causing it.  Do you happen to know which version of Survey123 Connect you used in order to create the survey?

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
DanielCorkran
New Contributor

Hi Brandon,

I used Survey123 Connect Version 3.0.142.  Thanks for looking into this.

Dan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

Out of curiosity, do you have the Toolbar Text Color in Connect set to black as below? If you change the color from black to another lighter color do the buttons appear again?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DanielCorkran
New Contributor

Hi Phil,

Yes, the toolbar text color is set to black, and when I changed the color

the button appeared. Is there any way to have black toolbar text and still

see the photo button (such as assigning the color attribute for the photo

button to white)?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

This is a bug in the 3.1 release of the app as the toolbar text color should not be applied to the camera preview buttons. We will be fixing this for the 3.2 release and will have an updated version of 3.2 RC/Beta on EAC soon, and then 3.2 should be released by the end of the month. In the meantime the only workaround is to change the colour of the toolbar text color to something other than black.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

Just an update to let you know that we have resolved the issue above and it will be available in the upcoming 3.2 release at end of January. If you have time, can you please check out the latest 3.2 RC builds (Connect 3.2.192 and App 3.2.262) available on EAC here: Welcome to our Feedback Community and provide any feedback. The sooner we can get feedback the sooner we can address any outstanding issues before the release.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos