Nested repeats not working properly

12-11-2018 01:27 PM
ChrisShuck
New Contributor III

I am experiencing a problem on all surveys to which I recently added nested repeats. The first nested repeat always works fine. However, if I create a new repeat record in the primary repeat, the nested repeat in that and subsequent primary records begins to work improperly. The nested repeat automatically defaults to the number of records that the nested repeat that was within the previous primary repeat had. For example, if the nested repeat within the previous primary repeat had a repeat count of four, then the nested repeat within the next primary repeat record will also automatically have a repeat count of four. It's not desirable to have the user scroll through and delete unneeded records with each subsequent primary repeat record. I also use once(count) to count the nested repeat records. This also doesn't work properly. If the user scrolls through the extra records or adds a new record, the numbering, which works fine in the first nested repeat, is wrong. This paired with the extra repeat records creates a lot of extra work for the user and is confusing, which is making surveys with nested repeats unusable. I have this problem when using both an iPad and an Android device. The survey was created with Connect Version 3.1.126. On my iPad, I am using Version 3.1.113. The xls for one of the forms that is having the issue is attached. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

This sounds like an issue related to other fixes currently being worked on for the next release of Survey123.  As fixes are completed, beta builds are available via the Early Adopter Community.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Just an update to let you know that we have been working on the issues described in this post and a lot of progress has been made with repeats/nested repeats and defaults/calculations/relevants/groups and missing values when opening the survey, so we believe the issue has been resolved for our upcoming 3.2 release which is due end of January. 

If you have time, can you please check out the latest 3.2 RC builds (Connect 3.2.192 and App 3.2.262) available on EAC here: Welcome to our Feedback Community and provide any feedback. The sooner we can get feedback the sooner we can address any outstanding issues before the release.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos