Internal tablet GPS not working in Survey123

06-24-2020 08:51 AM
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi,

We are using Panasonic Toughpads, FZ-G1 with internal Sierra Wireless GPS sensors on Windows 10.  We have had intermittent problems with Survey123 not picking up the GPS signal over the last year or so, and recently, it does not seem to be working at all (when offline, so not on Wifi or mobile).  The Survey 123 version we have been using lately is 3.7.57 and we have also tried more recent versions.  The GPS does work in Collector with no problems.

I don't understand whether it is supposed to be using the 'Integrated provider' or whether it sees it as an external provider (e.g. COM port)  - neither of those options work anyway.

i have tried using GPS Direct with no success, but am not entirely sure what I need to install or what the settings need to be.

Any help or advice gratefully received,

Claire  

6 Replies
DavidBandrowski
New Contributor

I am having the same issues with my Xenarc Tablet not picking up the GPS information.  Did you find any solutions?

DJ

ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi David,

i've got an issue open with Support now - it's not sounding like an easy one!

Claire 

KhaledAli1
New Contributor II

We're having a similar issue. Just checking if any of you found a solution to this issue. If so, I would greatly appreciate if you could share. Thanks.

ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi, in the end, an update of Windows and an update to the latest version of Survey123 did the trick.

KhaledAli1
New Contributor II

Thanks Claire for your reply. We're also using the latest version of Survey123 but our tablets are running on Android OS and the last time we contacted Panasonic, they noted that we couldn't update the Android version. We're getting in touch with ESRI t see if they can provide a solution. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Khaled, did you ever get any solutions? I recently ran into this same issue with a tablet running Android 9, without an option to update the operating system. Other tablets operating on Android 7 or 11 work just fine. I plan on getting in touch with ESRI myself, but wanted to see if you had any insight.

0 Kudos