Select to view content in your preferred language

Internal server-side error - Reports

10-10-2023 08:12 AM
LucianoSantoni5
New Contributor

Good morning, I would like to know if anyone is experiencing the same problem. Suddenly our Survey123 reports stopped generating with the following error: Internal server-side error.

There is a similar post from 2020, it seems to have been fixed with a patch. (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/internal-server-side-error/m-p/791415)

Is anyone having the same problem?

51 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you for the update Zach!

I just tested and it seems to resolve the Data page loading issues I was having as well! (even the issue with the form view I've been having for ages because of hosted tables and null geopoints seems resolved)

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Oh I should clarify for myself, I am NOT using Enterprise, simply ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
lmendez_sp
Emerging Contributor

Hi Zach,

For some reason, Survey123 Beta is not displaying data in my surveys, neither in one portal nor other. In both Portals, there are the same issues described in this post (report generation failing since the beginning of this week, so that's why I wanted to test the fix in Survey123 Beta website).

One portal is 10.8.1 and the other one is 10.9.1.

Best wishes,

-Luis

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey @lmendez_sp

Do you see the same behavior in the production Survey123 website? It looks like the Survey123 website isn't able to find the feature services that the surveys point to. Does your ArcGIS Data Store validate successfully in ArcGIS Server Manager / Are you able to create a sample hosted feature service in your Portal? 

If you capture the network traffic while you load the My surveys page there should be a handful of relatedItems requests. What is the response for one of those relatedItems requests? 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
lmendez_sp
Emerging Contributor

Hi @ZacharySutherby ,

I'm sending you 2 .txt files representing console messages and a relatedItem request, respectively. There are also some screenshots in case you want to check out some of the messages that appeared at "My surveys page" reloaded page.

This only occurs on Survey123 Beta website for both Portals: 10.8.1 and 10.9.1.

I hope this can be helpful.

Thank you,

-Luis

0 Kudos
lmendez_sp
Emerging Contributor

P.D. for 10.8.1:

• ArcGIS Data Store Validation: successful
  • Sample hosted feature service creation in Portal: succesful

For 10.9.1:

• ArcGIS Data Store validation: succesful, except for Tile Cache Data Store (attachment is down below)
  • Sample hosted feature service creation in Portal: succesful

-Luis

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @lmendez_sp

Based on the network_messages.png it looks like your organization has restricted access to the ArcGIS Server. The production Survey123 site has likely been added as a trusted site but the Survey123beta site likely has not which is causing the CORS errors. The hotfix is planned to be released tomorrow so the fix will be on the production Survey123 site at that time. 

Thank you,
Zach
HarmondSantos1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the update Zach! I've tested exporting on the beta website and works very well!

0 Kudos
AmandaNunley1
New Contributor

We have been experiencing this issue as well, since last Tuesday. I just tested out the fix on the beta site & can verify that it resolved our problem. Looking forward to when this rolls out tomorrow!!

hherrmann_coj
Regular Contributor

Do we have a time frame for the fix being applied today?

0 Kudos