Select to view content in your preferred language

Input mask to text field to formay e-mail

Jump to solution
03-08-2023 09:23 AM
Diego_Mendes_Rodrigues
New Contributor II

Is it possible to format, or validate, an e-mail in a Survey123 text field?
Can I use one input mask in the ArcGIS Survey123 text field?

Thanks,
Diego

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vince_ERAC
New Contributor III

Hey Diego,

The method outlined in this thread has been working for me. 

Essentially, copy and paste this regular expression in the constraints column of the email question. 

regex(., '^(([^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+(\.[^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+)*)|(".+"))@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}])|(([a-zA-Z\u0400-\uffff\-0-9]+\.)+[a-zA-Z\u0400-\uffff]{2,}))$')

As a disclaimer, I have very little knowledge of regular expressions and not sure if the one above would also work for "non-standard" email formats. However for the emails utilized in my survey, they all seem to work. 

Vince

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vince_ERAC
New Contributor III

Hey Diego,

The method outlined in this thread has been working for me. 

Essentially, copy and paste this regular expression in the constraints column of the email question. 

regex(., '^(([^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+(\.[^<>()\[\]\\.,;:\s@"]+)*)|(".+"))@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}])|(([a-zA-Z\u0400-\uffff\-0-9]+\.)+[a-zA-Z\u0400-\uffff]{2,}))$')

As a disclaimer, I have very little knowledge of regular expressions and not sure if the one above would also work for "non-standard" email formats. However for the emails utilized in my survey, they all seem to work. 

Vince