Select to view content in your preferred language

Inbox does not return all matching records

3 weeks ago
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

I have a query clause in the Inbox, however, it does not return the same records when I compare it to queries made in ArcGIS Pro:

SMHRio_8-1719525322571.png

SMHRio_5-1719525170219.png

Survey123: 1,031 records
ArcGIS Online/Pro: 1,087 records

I've already tried some SQL combinations and they all return the same difference in values. Some of the tests carried out:

• LOWER(conclusao)='ausente' OR LOWER(conclusao)='pendente' OR LOWER(conclusao)='recusou'
  • UPPER(conclusao)='AUSENTE' OR UPPER(conclusao)='PENDENTE' OR UPPER(conclusao)='RECUSOU'
  • conclusao<>'Concluído'
  • NOT(conclusao='Concluído')

I noticed that many of my most recently edited records do not appear in the Inbox in Survey123:

SMHRio_0-1719524682716.png

I also noticed that when updating the inbox, the correct value (1,087) is displayed in the popup, but at the end of the process, only 1,031 are displayed:

SMHRio_1-1719524753038.png

When you break down the query (e.g.: conclusao='Pendente'), the number of records returned by Survey123 is correct. However, when I combine two or more queries, the difference happens.

Another thing I noticed is that, without any query clause, the return is always 4,758, while the Inbox limit is 5,000 (and the query layer has almost 9,000 records). This, in itself, is also a big problem.

This issue has been seen on different computers, with different internet connections, both using Field App v.3.20.65. Faced with so many tests, on different programs, computers and connections, the only explanation I have is that there is a problem with the Inbox itself.

Any solution for this case? Any abnormal behavior recorded in the Inbox in this update? 

Thank you all

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you have the sent folder enabled? If you have both the Sent and Inbox folders enabled, surveys sent from that device won't download to the Inbox. They'll remain in the Sent folder. You should get a warning in Connect to do one or the other.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/prepareforediting.htm

0 Kudos
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

No, I do not have Sent enabled in Connect, nor do I have any records sent in the Field App.

I even created a new test form (with a much simpler structure than the original), pointing to the same layer, and the error persists. The form settings follow:

SMHRio_0-1719574934460.png

0 Kudos
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

Update: I created a visualization layer with the filtered records and removed the query from the Survey123 settings and the problem still persists.

In other words: there is no problem with SQL syntax, domains or anything like that. For some reason, the input box is not returning all records from the layer.

SMHRio_0-1719579568028.png

SMHRio_1-1719579608991.png

SMHRio_2-1719579638729.png

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

If you go into the Feature layer REST services, what is the Max Record Count set to? This could be the issue, I think the default setting on Survey123 created feature layers is 1000, and you have more records than that? Though I notice that the Inbox already shows more than that, so that makes my idea seem less likely..

0 Kudos
SMH-Rio
Occasional Contributor

Yes, the limit is 1,000 and I have more records than that.

I also don't think this is the problem, because currently Inbox is returning 1032 records and in testing with other layers I can return more than 4700 records (even with maxrecordcount=1000). As far as I know, the Inbox limit is 5000 and the layer's maxrecordcount doesn't interfere with that (please let me know if I'm wrong).

Anyway, I contacted Portal Enterprise technical support, they also noticed this difference in the data. It is currently supported by ESRI for you to check. I will update the situation when I have more answers. Thanks.